Re: CHECHNYA FEATURED ON KEVIN SITE'S HOTZONE! PLEASE VISIT!

  • red3deer
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2006
      --- In chechnya-sl@yahoogroups.com, Norbert Strade <nost@...> wrote:
      > Life amid the ruins in Chechnya
      >
      > By KEVIN SITES
      > Yahoo! News
      > March 01, 2006
      > http://www.knoxstudio.com/shns/story.cfm?pk=HOTZONE-03-01-06&cat=II

      > It's a pity that even good articles like this one are marred by the
      > nonsense repeated endlessly by news agencies and the corporate press.
      > The author clearly didn't study the history of this conflict before
      > going to Chechnya. A Russian *response*?? It was the Russian Federation
      > which in 1994 *attacked* Chechnya without any legitimate justification,
      > which flattened most of Grozny/Jokhar already in 1994-95, which murdered
      > and terrorized the civilian population and even after they signed a
      > peace treaty in 1997 continued to spread terror in the country, both
      > directly and through their local agents, in order to undermine the
      > legitimate authorities. Russia's current behaviour in Chechnya isn't a
      > "heavy-handed response" to anything, but the latest crime in a
      > centuries-long chain of aggression, terrorism and genocide. N.S.

      One thing I found repulsive about Kevin Sites story was the way the anti-Chechen idiots were allowed to have their asinine comments
      posted front and center. There was no opportunity for rebuttal.

      The Article stands as a billboard for Kremlin propaganda.

      Typical western reporting, Russia is really a benevolent country
      that wants to bring civilization to the heathen savages.

      The impression was presented that the Chechens were really the
      victims of their own imaginary troubles, its all in their head.

      If they would just stop trying to be free and submit to rule by
      a foreign aggressor their lives would be great.

      Pax Kremlina. r3d.