Re: Beslan hostage-takers: Chechens or Ingushs

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      Dear Klass,

      If the info from that FSB official is true the hostage takers could
      also came from Kabardino-Balkaria. The village of Khurikau is north
      of Beslan city, on the N.Ossetian-K-B border.

      Marius

      http://www.gazeta.ru/2004/09/01/last132074.shtml?fromexport

      16:54 - 17:26 FSB: Boyeviks came from the village of Khurikau.

      As reported to Gazeta ru's correspondent a representative of the FSB,
      these boyeviks came from the bordering Ingushetia village of Khurikau
      of the Mozdok district of North Ossetia, where predominantly Ingush
      population had been living.

      Gazeta ru

      --- In chechnya-sl@yahoogroups.com, "klaasbaehre" <jan.klaas@g...>
      wrote:
      > Dear group,
      >
      > when first reading about the incident in Beslan I suspected that the
      > hostage-takers might well be Ingushs and not Chechens. They are
      > claiming to set free prisoners made in Ingushetia after the
      > Chechen-Ingush raid in June this year. But these prisoners are
      Ingush,
      > aren't they? And Beslan is an Ossetian town situatuated close the
      the
      > border to Ingushetia. Furthermore, there is important traditional
      > tension between Ingushs and Ossetians. I have to admit that these
      > suspicions were rather wild speculations, more or less guessing. But
      > now they appear to be if not confirmed but at least supported by a
      > short report from "Nezavisimaya gazeta" posted to this group by
      Marius.