Re: AFP: Hundreds of Russians killed in latest battles: Grozny

  • Jaan Sepp
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 1999
      > Hundreds of Russians killed in latest battles:
      > Grozny
      >
      > GROZNY, Russia, Dec 1 (AFP) -
      >
      > Hundreds of Russian soldiers have been killed in
      > battles between federal
      > troops and Chechen fighters, military officials in
      > the rebel capital
      > said on Wednesday.

      (clip)

      > Gantamirov, tapped to become the head of a
      > pro-Moscow Chechen
      > administration, is currently encircled in the
      > village of Gekhi, around
      > 20 kilometres (12 miles) southwest of Grozny, said
      > Aslambek Ismailov, a
      > military aide to Chechen President Aslan Maskhadov.

      Perhaps here we have the true logics of what really
      happened in Gekhi! (Referring to the report
      transmitted by Mr. Corley about the Chechen troops
      wounding three "unarmed" men.)

      So, that was apparently the "significant part of
      Chechnya's male population, who is fighting against
      the Chechen fighters", as claimed earlier. :-)

      Don't call me blood-thirsty. But don't we all agree
      that Mr. Gantamirov is a bandit and a convicted
      criminal - according to both Russian and Chechen
      justices. So nobody should have anything against that
      now one terrorist and bandit has clearly being
      neutralised.

      At least there is one army doing its real duty.

      Jaan