CP: Statement of deputies of the ChRI Parliament

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2003
      Chechenpress

      Statement of deputies of the ChRI Parliament

      Legal elections on the territory of Chechnya are possible only after the
      expulsion of the Russian troops.

      We, deputies of the Parliament of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria,
      declare that no elections can be held on 5 October, 2003, on the
      territory of the sovereign and independent democratic legal state of the
      Chechen Republic of Ichkeria, in connection with the military occupation
      of our state territory by the criminal troops of the Russian Federation
      - Russia. Under the muzzles of automatic weapons, under the threat of
      death, there can be no voluntary elections!

      We issue a call to the international community to support our position
      in this question, which is in full correspondence with morals and valid
      international law. We turn directly to the international organizations -
      the UN, OSCE, PACE and the Euro-Parliament: Boycott what contradicts the
      rules of your organizations, the conducting of elections by an occupying
      criminal regime during a continuing war, in this case on the territory
      of Chechnya!

      On 12 September, 2003, the illegal motion to declare the impeachment of
      the President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria, Maskhadov, was spread
      widely by the Russian media. This treacherous act was carried out by
      several deputies of the Parliament of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria
      in order to give an appearance of legitimacy to the "election" of a
      puppet president on 5 October, 2003.

      We declare that the question of a declaration of impeachment of the
      President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria, Maskhadov, on 5
      September, 2003, wasn't discussed with our participation in the session
      of the Parliament of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria, and therefore it
      has no legal force.

      In these difficult years of struggle for its existence, our state has
      suffered huge human and material losses; however, we have been hardened
      very much, which allows us to state:

      We believe that the struggle of our people is doomed to success. We
      believe that the international community, too, will rid itself of the
      false Russian propaganda against the Chechen people and come forward on
      our side. The Parliament of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria was always
      and will always remain with its people.

      1. Ahmatov I.
      2. Saralyapov L.
      3. Ediyev S-A.