Re: TDN: Editor-in-Chief of TDN: Ethnic Chechens are arriving in Iraq

  • Johan Lagerfelt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
      Hi everybody,
      I suppose it was merely a question of time until these dreaded Chechens
      turned up in Iraq too. I mean, where in the world have they not been
      spotted at one time or another? Perhaps these are the same Chechens who
      were reported to be moving into Montana a couple of months ago, or was
      it Idaho...?
      It reminds me a bit of what they used to say about the Scarlet
      Pimpernel, how does it go...
      They seek him here, they seek him there, the damned elusive Pimpernel!
      Regards

      Johan

    • KBiritan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
        In Turkey, it is common knowledge that Ilnur Cevik is a paid agent of the KDP.
        He has accepted and continues to accept funds on occasion from other
        interested patrons, including Moscow, in order to put out this kind of garbage.
        No one I know takes him seriously.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2003
          Marius:

          I am no international relations expert, but my gut tells me that it's all
          about cash, baby.
          That is why he must be helping KDP take over a bank in Turkey right now...
          But back to the Chechens, and as far as that is concerned, his motivation is
          his work on behalf of the Ivan, and perhaps we will get into the details of
          that sometime, too.

          KB