Newsru: Udugov denies everything

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2002
      http://www.newsru.com/russia/26nov2002/kasseta.html

      Udugov denies everything

      On Tuesday, Movladi Udugov issued a statement in which he asserts
      that any reports about his criticism of Zakayev are disinformation of
      the Russian special services. "In this disinformation Russian special
      services indicate that I have allegedly organized certain actions,
      directed against the member of Chechen government, vice-premier and
      the representative of the President OF CHRI during the negotiations
      with the RF Akhmet Zakayev. Responding to it, I declare, that spread
      by the Russian special services disinformation is a rough lie and
      does not correspond to reality", said the statement.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2002
        Hello,
        It suprizes me that nobody commented about this Udugov's statement,
        Kavkazcenter com is out of order now, be I think we have some older
        articles from it on our list when its journalists criticized Zakayev,
        and if I recall correctly, allegedly Basayev [read Udugov] supposed
        to send a letter to Maskhadov to censure Zakayev. M.L.

        Chechen rebel ideologue slams Russian "misinformation campaign"
        BBC Monitoring Service - United Kingdom; Nov 27, 2002

        27 November, Chechenpress state news agency: The Chechenpress news
        agency today received a statement by the head of the foreign
        subcommittee of the information committee of the State Defence
        Committee - Majlis ul-Shura of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria,
        Movladi Udugov.

        The statement says that "on 26 November Russian security services
        spread another gross misinformation aimed at splitting the Chechen
        leadership and confusing society over the real situation in the
        Chechen Republic of Ichkeria. In this misinformation the Russian
        security services point to the fact that I am allegedly preparing
        certain actions against the member of the Chechen government and the
        Chechen president's representative for talks with Russia, Deputy
        Prime Minister Akhmed Zakayev [who is in custody in Denmark].

        "I announce with responsibility that the misinformation disseminated
        by the Russian security services is a blatant lie and far from the
        truth. In this regard it is necessary to mention that this is not the
        first attempt by the Russian security services to split the ranks of
        the Chechen leadership, who have become even stronger after very
        important work carried out by the Chechen military and political
        leadership last summer to centralize the management of the Chechen
        state and its armed forces and to unite all forces of the resistance
        in a fist" under the leadership of Chechen President Aslan Maskhadov.

        Udugov stressed that "the misinformation by the Russian security
        services was timed to coincide with the day when the Danish
        authorities are to consider the release of Akhmed Zakayev, who is
        illegally held in Denmark to please Moscow's criminal ambitions".

        Udugov is convinced that "all these insinuations by the Russian
        security services are only part of the propaganda war launched by the
        Russian aggressors against the independent Chechen state and is far
        removed from reality". He voiced his "resolute protest against the
        Danish authorities, who despite famous `international law',
        elementary facts and normal human logic, are continuing to hold under
        arrest the deputy prime minister of the Chechen government and
        Chechen president's plenipotentiary representative, Akhmed Zakayev"
        and demanded that "he is released immediately and that the Danish
        authorities apologize to the Chechen side for totally illegal
        actions, which are a disgrace to Denmark's honour".

        Source: Chechenpress web site, Tbilisi, in Russian 27 Nov 02