CP: Appeal of the residents of Mesker-Yurt to the Commission on tortures of the Council of Europe

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1 6:33 PM

      Appeal of the residents of Mesker-Yurt to the Commission on tortures
      of the Council of Europe

      Dear Members of the Commission,

      We, inhabitants of the village Mesker-Yurt, where Russian soldiers
      having been carrying out retaliatory operation since May 21, appeal to
      you for help. We know that thanks to your persistency the Commission was
      allowed on May 26 to visit the village Alkhan-Kala several times having
      been turned into the slaughter-house. The criminals of Russian army are
      afraid of publicity. Today, “the best friend of Russia” S.Milosevich is
      under trial of international Court in Hague. S.Milosevich was welcomed
      and decorated with a medal by the deputies of State Duma of the Russian
      Federation when the genocide in Kosovo reached the acme. The deputies
      took their stands in front of him, unlike the others who later met the
      President of the United States B.Clinton, idly sitting in the armchairs.

      Dear Mr. Haik Zdenek*, Poland many times has experienced the reprisal of
      the chauvinist policy of Russia. The number of victims amounts hundreds
      of thousand of the tortured and shot people. Under the imperial call of
      the “sun of the Russian poetry” A.Pushkin the Russians shot the Warsaw
      revolt in the 30s of the 19-th century. When at the end of World War II
      the “Sovinformbureau” reported about the Red Army hurrying to help the
      anti-fascist Resistance Movement in Poland, this army of Russian
      fascists based near Warsaw inactively watched the retreating German army
      carrying out retaliatory operations. Today the Poles say that Germany
      several times apologized for the crimes committed by the followers of
      anti-humanist ideology. The things are different with Russia. Russia has
      never apologized, and will never do it. The last visit of Putin in
      Poland was a demonstration of the above-said. The Chechens are not
      wondered at this. The Russians do not intend to abandon the ideology of
      fascism.

      We appeal to you to visit Mesker-Yurt. We hope that thanks to your
      authority and possibilities the world will be informed on the crimes
      committed by the Russian troops against humanity in Mesker-Yurt and in
      Chechnya. We are in the hope that international Community will make the
      Russian military criminals answer for their atrocities in Chechnya.

      With respect,

      Representatives of the village Mesker-Yurt
      (We cannot fix the names, as we may be shot for it).
      May 31, 2002.

      http://www.chechenpress.info/english/news/06_2002/01/2.htm
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1 9:15 PM
        --- In chechnya-sl@y..., Norbert Strade <nost@p...> wrote:

        > Appeal of the residents of Mesker-Yurt to the Commission on
        tortures
        > of the Council of Europe
        >
        > Dear Members of the Commission,

        -snip-
        >Dear Mr. Haik Zdenek*, Poland many times has experienced the
        reprisal of the chauvinist policy of Russia.

        > -snip-

        > http://www.chechenpress.info/english/news/06_2002/01/2.htm
        * Mr Zdenek Hajek is from Czech Republic. M.L.