Re[2]: disonant voices from Russia

  • Mikhail Ramendik
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2002
      Hello,

      Friday, May 31, 2002, 9:49:52 PM, goldfishbooks <goldfishbooks@...> wrote:

      > The soldier is right about the present 'scum' mafia government.
      > He is too young to know the reality of what he thinks was
      > a 'peace and order in our land ....as it was during the Soviet times'
      > May be he never heard of the 'chistkas' and GULAG camps that
      > swallowed 30 millions of his compatriots.

      I know what such neo-Bolshevik movements are like. So I think I can
      tel you what he thinks of the 'chistkas' and GULAG. Note: thia is what
      HE thinks (as he is likely taught in his orgamization), not what I
      think.

      So, he thinks that the 'millions' were all invented by Solzhenitsyn
      and the CIA. He thinks that the 'chistkas' have only killed thousands,
      not millions -- and those that were killed deserved it. There were
      enemies who wanted to hand Russia over to the West and to establish
      mafia rule. Stalin was right in mercilessly destroying them. Later
      leaders did not do so, and therefore, the enemies won. Just look at
      the results!

      Yours, Mikhail Ramendik
    • goldfishbooks
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
        Mikhail Ramendik: <<...he thinks that the 'millions' were all invented by
        Solzhenitsyn
        and the CIA. He thinks that the 'chistkas' have only killed thousands,
        not millions -- and those that were killed deserved it....>>

        Would be interesting to ask him, may be he is still open to suggestions?

        I have to aggree on this one, to the extend that such is a quite popular
        version of the events, as preached by so many communist party members, the
        'investigators', the 'vertukhais' (GULAG guards) and even their children.
        He would be from the grandchildren generation and, of course, could be
        brainwashed at the breast-feeding stage of his developement.

        There is some hope though, as he just skipped over the thirties alltogether,
        without having a go at the 'rotten intelligentsia' and other 'enemies of
        people', his grievance is against the 'bourgeois-mafia power'. Fair enough.

        Anya Lauchlan
      • H.M. Hubey
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
          Early 1990's the KGB released figures on how many people
          it executed. It was over 700,000.

          Perhaps there are people who remember it.

          this doesn't include those who died in jails, labor camps, or deliberate
          famines.

          goldfishbooks wrote:

          > Mikhail Ramendik: <<...he thinks that the 'millions' were all invented by
          > Solzhenitsyn
          > and the CIA. He thinks that the 'chistkas' have only killed thousands,
          > not millions -- and those that were killed deserved it....>>
          >
          > Would be interesting to ask him, may be he is still open to suggestions?
          >
          > I have to aggree on this one, to the extend that such is a quite popular
          > version of the events, as preached by so many communist party members, the
          > 'investigators', the 'vertukhais' (GULAG guards) and even their children.
          > He would be from the grandchildren generation and, of course, could be
          > brainwashed at the breast-feeding stage of his developement.
          >
          > There is some hope though, as he just skipped over the thirties alltogether,
          > without having a go at the 'rotten intelligentsia' and other 'enemies of
          > people', his grievance is against the 'bourgeois-mafia power'. Fair enough.
          >
          > Anya Lauchlan

          M. Hubey

          hubeyh@...
          /\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/http://www.csam.montclair.edu/~hubey
        • Mikhail Ramendik
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
            Hello,

            Sunday, June 2, 2002, 12:42:31 AM, goldfishbooks <goldfishbooks@...> wrote:

            > There is some hope though, as he just skipped over the thirties
            > alltogether, without having a go at the 'rotten intelligentsia' and
            > other 'enemies of people', his grievance is against the
            > 'bourgeois-mafia power'. Fair enough.

            As far as I undertand these movements, he does not differentiate one
            from the other. The intelligentsia works for the bourgeois-mafia clan
            and brings it to power, consciously or not. So both deserve the GULAG
            in his eyes.

            Yours, Mikhail Ramendik