(FYI) Stringer: SHAMANOV MAY BECOME PRESIDENT OF RUSSIA (-JRL)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2002
      Stringer
      No. 11-12
      November-December 2001
      SHAMANOV MAY BECOME PRESIDENT OF RUSSIA
      [from WPS Monitoring Agency, www.wps.ru/e_index.html]

      Vladimir Putin's latest actions have shown that his foreign policy is
      aimed at stabilization of relations with the US. This does not appeal to
      the military-industrial lobby. Many political schemers trying to find
      out today if Putin will pass the next presidential election and whether
      it is worthwhile to invest money in some new "project." As is known,
      Anatoly Chubais once invested his money in the project called "Putin."
      Recently his structures conducted a research on who may take the
      presidential seat in 2004. Among the candidates there are many those
      whose names are not worth mentioning, but there was also one person who
      was mentioned both by Chubais and Berezovsky. This is Ulyanovsk Governor
      Vladimir Shamanov. Although he does not look so great without his
      military uniform, it is not so difficult to make a new one. This report
      may sound ridiculous, but we know for sure that Chubais funded Shamanov
      during the election campaign in the Ulyanovsk Region. Leonid Gozman used
      to bring money for him. We will not say anymore on this topic so far.