RFE/RL: MOSCOW SAID PLANNING TO DECLARE CHECHEN WAR OVER

  • Reshat Sabiq
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2001
      hi,

      i really look forward to such a declaration. However,
      the words themselves mean absolutely nothing since it
      was supposed to be over by January 2000 in the first
      place. putinites can very substantially prove to the
      world that the war is over by doing the following:

      1. Proudly marching all military personnel out of
      Chechnya back to heir families
      2. Allowing wide access to humanitarian and other
      organizations throughout the republic
      3. Not forcing refugees to return and showing the
      world that are really voluntarilly doing so
      4. Removing marauding blockposts from the roads
      5. Punishing those involved in straight-out cases,
      like Budanov
      6. Starting to rebuild Grozny and other locations
      7. Starting to give social security and unemployment
      payments throughout the republic

      Until the do all of these, the war is not over. The
      fact that they are not going to do these any time soon
      shows that the war hasn't even reached its climax yet.
      That's why putinites are doing all they can to make
      life impossible not only for Chechen defenders but
      also for kids, women, and the elderly.

      Reshat.

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • Johan Lagerfelt
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2001
        So the russians are going to declare the war over on May 15th? Reminds
        me a little of how Nixon got the US out of Vietnam - declared that he
        had won and then ran like hell!

        Johan Lagerfelt

        [www.newaydirect.com]