Police prevents anti-Putin protest in Paris

  • Kai Ivari
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2000
      The information comes from a participant of the event:

      In Paris, today, Oct. 31, the protest against dining
      of Putin with Chirac e.a. near to the National Assembly
      was prevented by the French police.
      About 15 protesters: Chechens, French, Belarus and a Polish were
      forcefully removed from the place and driven in the bus
      to the police department and have been held for 2 hours.
      The protesters were just staying waiting for Putin's excort
      and even did not have chance to open their slogans before they
      were removed. The police has filled in a report which they
      told will be communicated to French ministers. The protesters
      viewed this as a small success of their attempted protest action.

      The large manifestation which took place in Paris yesterday
      between 18.00 to 21.OO, seemingly still was not mentioned
      by any news media, even not in French TV news. So much
      about "unbiased" and "business-like" West.

      Kai
    • Marko Oberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
        > The large manifestation which took place in Paris yesterday
        > between 18.00 to 21.OO, seemingly still was not mentioned
        > by any news media, even not in French TV news. So much
        > about "unbiased" and "business-like" West.

        It was actually briefly mentioned on the French channels 2 & 3 (at least)
        but not 1, as far as I know.

        The demonstration gathered some 1.000-1.500 people according to our
        estimates.

        Marko Oberg,
        Chechnya Committee of Paris