Re: New

  • Malcolm Timbers
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2000
      --- In cheap-shelters@egroups.com, "Susan " <cobwoman@y...> wrote:
      I plan to make a
      > shelter for my future sheep like this and maybe a greenhouse?

      I have a design for a greenhouse that I perfected over the years.
      Some day I will post pix of it at my web site. I get a lot of used
      windows and doors at auction. I especially like used patio doors.

      My greenhouse design could also be used for dwelling with a few
      changes.

      You can get UV blocking plastic at a greenhouse supply company. It
      cost a lot more, but it will last 5 or 6 years. Ordinary plastic last
      only a few months during mid-summer.

      For living in, you can use shaded plastic. It is sold in various
      degrees of shade. So it will let some light in.

      For insulation in winter, I put up another layer of plastic on the
      inside. Condensation is a problem on the underside of the outside
      layer, but it will drip down onto the inside layer and for there into
      a gutter on the side.

      Malcolm
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2000
        Hi Malcolm,
        You are right, I hadn't thought about condensation. Thanks for the
        reminder.
        Susan

        --- In cheap-shelters@egroups.com, "Malcolm Timbers" <timbers@w...>