Re: [cheap-shelters] Barn

  • Pat Meadows
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2002
      On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 02:06:20 -0600, you wrote:

      >Off-hand the pole barn/shed comes to mind. One person can do much of the
      >work alone safely. Building simple jigs as needed can go a long way when
      >working solo.--GL

      How about a quonset-hut type barn (steel-span building)? I
      don't think one woman alone could erect it, but the time
      needed for hired help would be fairly short.

      http://americansteelspan.welcomeyou.com/

      There are other websites which can be found via Googling on
      'steel building' or 'quonset hut'.

      Pat
      --
      Pat Meadows

      CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
      United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
      International: http://www.thehungersite.com/
    • Rob
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2002
        At 11:08 PM 12/13/02 -0500, Camilla wrote:

        >Anyone have any good barn ideas that a 43 year old woman might be able to
        >handle alone or with minimal hired help? I guess I could hire it all out but
        >I am stubborn and foolish and have to try to do everything myself..

        I'd take a look at what farmer wrote about his barn (in the archives) not
        too long ago. Next I'd go to the library and check out a couple of books on
        pole barns.
        FWIW, up here pole barns are relatively cheap and they put them up fast. As
        a DIY project using store bought trusses, it would be about as easy as
        anything.

        Rob
        becidaa@...
        Northern Minnesota, USA