      To: mel_J@...; usauwhwomen@yahoogroups.com; hockeynet@...; usunderwaterhockey@yahoogroups.com; clubpuck@yahoogroups.com; sfuwh@...
      From: brigitgrimm@...
      Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 07:26:42 -0700
      Subject: [usauwhwomen] 2013 Women's Tournament, Oct 26-27- Sign up details!

      Hi all,
      We have finalized some more sign-up details for our 5th Annual Women's tournament, so sign up today!

      TOURNAMENT FEE (which includes clinic, tournament, lunch and snacks at the pool, and a fabulous dinner on Saturday!):

      $90 (by Sept 26), $100 thereafter
      Pay by PayPal to funds@... (be sure to note that the payment is for Women's Tournament), or send check to
      USOA Underwater Hockey - Postal Annex
      39270 Paseo Padre Parkway, Box #452
      Fremont, CA 94538

      SEND INTENT AND ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE DETAILS TO
      Poorna Chowdry at Poocho@...

      There is a limited amount of free local housing and transportation; we will try to accommodate those with the most need.  Be sure to inform Poorna if you are in interested.    Hotel information is noted in the announcement below and we will be happy to help find roommates if you would like help with that.

      New this year: we're developing plans for fun tournament logo shorts.  Stay tuned for details!

      Note all the other great info below and start planning your trip today!

      Spread the word of this 5th Annual Women's Tournament!  We'd love to set a new record of attendees for this milestone event!

      If you have any questions (or any ideas to make it an even better event), don't hesitate to contact us.  We hope to see lots of you in October!
      Brigit and Poorna
      brigitgrimm@...
      poocho@...

      -------------------------
      Hello, all!

      We are excited to announce the annual women's tournament will be held October 26 and 27th in Los Angeles, California! All women hockey players, of all skills, experiences and ages, are invited to come to the only all-women's tournament of the year. The last 4 years have been awesome experiences for those who attended, and this milestone event will surely be even better!

      The pool will be the same pool used for Nationals and PCCs 2011:
      Santa Clarita Aquatics Center
      20850 Centre Point Parkway
      Santa Clarita, CA 91350

      Santa Clarita is a beautiful and very safe city about 30 miles north of Los Angeles. The weather in late October varies, but you can probably expect temperatures in the 60s to 70s during the day. The pool is outdoors, with some indoor and outdoor areas to congregate between games.

      The basic schedule will be:
      Saturday- skills clinic 9am-noon, tournament 1-6pm
      Sunday- tournament 9am-3pm

      We have a block of rooms available for Friday and Saturday night at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Clarita. When you call, mention that you are with Los Angeles Underwater Hockey, and the room rate will be $89/night.
      The hotel address is: 25201 The Old Rd, Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381.

      The best airports to fly into are LAX (about one hour from the pool) or BUR (about 35 minutes from the pool). Unfortunately Los Angeles is not a very public-transportation-friendly city, so rental cars will be necessary. There will be some limited housing and transportation available through local players, please contact me ASAP if that is something you are interested in.

      Everyone is encouraged to attend the clinic and everyone will play in the tournament. Teams will be put together as potluck teams so no need to put together your own. Notice that we finish early on Sunday so you can get home without too much time away from home. We will plan to have dinner together on Saturday evening for more fun times together (we usually have some fun prizes too!).

      There is the possibility of booking the famous LA post-tournament party bus for those who would like to stay a little longer and celebrate; it is pre-Halloween weekend after all! Please let me know ASAP if you are interested in staying Sunday night for this as well.

      We are looking forward to seeing all the lovely ladies of underwater hockey in sunny Southern California this fall!!!

      Please send me an email with your intent to attend as soon as possible so we can start planning and organizing for this fantastic event!
      Poorna
      poocho@...