      From: MMitchum@...
      To: MMitchum@...
      Subject: Blockade Runners update
      Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 00:29:02 +0000

      I hope all is well with everyone.

      I just wanted to pop out an update on how the club is doing.  We are starting to gain some real momentum with the number of participants at practice and last Friday saw full on 6 against 6 w/ 2 to 3 subs on each team.  We have a lot of new players showing real promise and a host of 1-2 year players intermingled with the old guard.  If you haven’t played lately, I invite you to come on by.  We are practicing on Tuesdays and Fridays starting around 7:00 and we have plenty of loaner gear.  As we have a lot of new players, I thought it a good idea to send out the rules of  play v1—10 vol2.pdf

      I also heard from Chris Decamp on a pot luck tournament that Atlanta is looking to host on October 5th.

      While his subject line reads men’s pot luck, I sense they are looking to open it up to both men and women.  I hope to get more details from Chris soon.  The attached v1-010 vol1.pdf provides some detail on specification for tournament play and for all the new guys, please do not worry about things in a pot luck being to competitive.  The nature of pot luck is such that you are assigned to a team of people that typically you have not played with before and the tournament is really about having fun and learning how an Underwater Hockey Tournament works.  Chris’s contact info is below.

      Lastly, I have attached a Charleston Blockade Runners Flyer that can be posted with information on our team.  I encourage everyone to post a couple out an about.

      I am still trying to build a complete email list but I do not have contact information for all the new people playing.  Please feel free to forward this to anyone you may have an email addresses for.

      Best-