Re: [charlesives] Organ

    Message 1 of 7 , May 10, 2005
      > I don't know of a recording but thought you, and others, might like to
      > hear Variations on America from a recent Pipe Dreams broadcast
      > (pipedreams.org). It's the April 11 program called Texas Treasures. Mary
      > Preston is the organist.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Russ Jenkins

      Excellent - thanks for that Russ!

      Here is the link to the stream if you are interested - it starts at around
      the 3:25 mark....
      http://www.publicradio.org/tools/media/player/pipedreams/2005/04/17_pipedreams

      Frankie
    • tony cole
      Message 2 of 7 , May 11, 2005
        Yes, thanks for sending this link.........quite a change to hear VOA on such a large organ - Ms Preston's choice of registrations are interesting but her approach to tempi so pedestrian that there's nothing like the cheeky excitement which EPB (for one) brings to the piece. Tony