Bob Ziedler

  • Michael Shaffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2005
      Bob was the first member to communicate with me when I joined this
      group -- we've both spent time in western Connecticut (he was an
      engineer for years with Perkin Elmer in Norwalk) and since I from that
      town, we both spent a lot of time in CEI's shawdow who lived 15 miles
      north of there -- I posted some info about a Paul Winter Consort
      concert at the Lincoln Center bandshell in 1976 and I lamented that in
      the age before digital info, concerts like that one (which was among
      the best I'd seen anywhere) would be lost to ages. He wrote back and
      said "oh no, no..." -- turns out he had gotten ahold of a tape of a
      concert on the Charles Ives' front lawn on his 100th birthday in 1974 -
      - turns out Paul Winter was a neighbor in Redding Ridge (3 miles from
      Putnam's Camp) -- anyway, Bob was kind enough to send me an advance
      copy of the disk, as well as the liner notes -- and I sent him my copy
      of the Concord by Donna Coleman -- I wanted him to do a review of her
      performance -- then I wanted him to do an ongoing web podcast -- and I
      tried several times to visit him on my way to Boston from NY -- he was
      a truly smart guy --