Re:Continuum

  • davidgrayporter
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2005
      That's great! For everyone's general info, the first version is for
      piano quintet -- Ives made the later version by orchestrating the
      string parts (I think that's what Jim Sinclair told me) and adding a
      Coda.

      The version of Hallowe'en is most likely the old published one, as
      the critical editions weren't available that year. (Getting them
      ready for publication fell to me in 2000 -- there are two versions,
      one of the original draft and one critically-edited version of the
      later draft. The old published one follows the copyist's score,
      which has numerous small but significant errors -- not
      coincidentally, Ives never used that copyist again.) -- DGP

      --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, Gene Halaburt <ghal@a...> wrote:
      > At 04:43 PM 3/26/2005, David Porter asked:
      >

      > >Is this the recording with "Gong on the Hook and Ladder"?
      > >
      > >--- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, Gene Halaburt <ghal@a...>
      wrote:
      > > > Just a reminder that apparently Naxos finally has gotten
      around to
      > > > releasing the 1986-87
      > > > Continuum recording "Charles Ives the Visionary" (Naxos
      8.559194).
      > >This was
      > > > previously
      > > > available on MHS as 512292Y. Naxos shows as being "orderable"
      at
      > >Amazon and
      > > > Arkiv
      > > > Music for US/Canadian buyers, and at JPC for European buyers.
      Highly