Concord Sonata- Kirkpatrick

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2005
      Hello everybody, I am a newcomer to this group, and have been
      listening to Charles Ives music for approximately 25 years.I notice a
      great interest in some of the recordings that have yet to make it to
      CD like 'Music for Chorus' by the Gregg Smith Singers. Along those
      lines, I have both the mono original and stereo re-recording of the
      Concord Sonata by John Kirkpatrick on vinyl that I would gladly burn
      onto CD for anyone that is interested.(Please email me privately to
      make arrangements.) One thing many listeners will notice is how much
      faster Kirkpatrick plays the piece than most later renditions, and
      neither recording incorporates the viola and flute parts.
      Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself and say thanks for
      helping to continue the interest of one the greatest composers ever.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2005
        Welcome to the list, David!

        We haven't had much action on the list lately. But it seems to go in
        bursts.

        I'll be posting a concert review in a month or so. The Atlanta SO is
        playing "Thanksgiving" on Feb 5, and I'll be there. Anyone else planning to
        attend?