RE: [charlesives] String Quartet No. 1

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2004
      Gene (and others),

      I didn't get a chance to hear this. What did you think?

      >From: "Gene" <gene_51@...>
      >To: charlesives@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [charlesives] String Quartet No. 1
      >Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:42:26 -0000
      >

      >Just a reminder that this coming Wednesday (Nov. 17 at Noon Eastern)
      >FM station WGBH (available on line at:
      ><http://streams.wgbh.org/wgbh/>)
      >will be playing a non-commercial recording of the String Quartet No.
      >1 as performed by the American String Quartet at the Aspen Musical
      >Festival on Aug. 3, 1999.
      >
      >-Gene

    • Gene Halaburt
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 2004
        My apologies to any who might have tried to listen to the transmission I in
        good faith recommended. For reasons never explained it was not broadcast and
        listeners instead had to put up with an almost non-stop, blatant
        fund-raising pitch from station announcers. Really sad.

        -Gene