String Quartet No. 1

  • Gene
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2004
      Just a reminder that this coming Wednesday (Nov. 17 at Noon Eastern)
      FM station WGBH (available on line at:
      <http://streams.wgbh.org/wgbh/>)
      will be playing a non-commercial recording of the String Quartet No.
      1 as performed by the American String Quartet at the Aspen Musical
      Festival on Aug. 3, 1999.

      -Gene
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 2004
        Gene (and others),

        I didn't get a chance to hear this. What did you think?

        >From: "Gene" <gene_51@...>
        >To: charlesives@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [charlesives] String Quartet No. 1
        >Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:42:26 -0000
        >

        >Just a reminder that this coming Wednesday (Nov. 17 at Noon Eastern)
        >FM station WGBH (available on line at:
        ><http://streams.wgbh.org/wgbh/>)
        >will be playing a non-commercial recording of the String Quartet No.
        >1 as performed by the American String Quartet at the Aspen Musical
        >Festival on Aug. 3, 1999.
        >
        >-Gene

      • Gene Halaburt
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 17, 2004
          My apologies to any who might have tried to listen to the transmission I in
          good faith recommended. For reasons never explained it was not broadcast and
          listeners instead had to put up with an almost non-stop, blatant
          fund-raising pitch from station announcers. Really sad.

          -Gene