Re: [charlesives] more to listen to

  • tony cole
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2004
      Not a reply to this...........but a new message:
      As a respite from this day's events - and across on this (eastern) shore of the millpond - let me report that I've just been to a splendid concert by the Britten Sinfonia - cond. J. Macmillan (and featuring his 2nd piano concerto) - soloist in this, one Joanna Macgregor - caught up with her at the interval and asked - on behalf of us all - WHEN she might record the Concord.........No plans, unfortunately - she alluded to the several "good" recent recordings (we didn't have time to debate their relative merits) - I said that many of us held her recording of Pno Son. 1 in the highest regard.... Seemed to me that she has a special affinity for 1 - ??her feeling about the complete 2? (tho' the "Alcotts" features on several of ehr own Soundcircus recordings). We must just live in hope..........Tony.