Re: Ruggles anyone?

  • Bob Zeidler
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
      --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, "anthony cole" <tony@c...>
      wrote:
      > Am thinking about getting the Terratec phono pre-amp USB
      gizmo...

      -----------------------------

      Tony, that sounds like the perfect solution to my own problems
      (a turntable now long in a state of disuse, still a few hundred LPs
      [including some valuable Ives LPs] left needing transfer to CD,
      no RIAA-equalized phono preamp conveniently available, etc.)

      Since it's USB, it should be Mac-compatible. (I plan to use my
      wife's almost-new flat-screen iMac for such a project). But the
      only information I could find is rather sketchy:

      http://store.yahoo.com/dawstore/terpa0.html

      Clicking on the TerraTec link provided unfortunately does *not*
      give me the "more product information" that I'd like to see. Do you
      have a better link available?

      Thanks in advance.

      Bob
    • tony cole
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
        Dear Bob - Try www.sounden.terratec.net - works for me..........Tony.
        > Am thinking about getting the Terratec phono pre-amp USB
        gizmo...

        -----------------------------

        Tony, that sounds like the perfect solution to my own problems
        (a turntable now long in a state of disuse, still a few hundred LPs
        [including some valuable Ives LPs] left needing transfer to CD,
        no RIAA-equalized phono preamp conveniently available, etc.)

        Since it's USB, it should be Mac-compatible. (I plan to use my
        wife's almost-new flat-screen iMac for such a project). But the
        only information I could find is rather sketchy:

        http://store.yahoo.com/dawstore/terpa0.html

        Clicking on the TerraTec link provided unfortunately does *not*
        give me the "more product information" that I'd like to see. Do you
        have a better link available?

        Thanks in advance.

        Bob

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • tony cole
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
          Oops! - now I've tried that website again and it doesn't work..........Perhaps if you type: phono preamp usb terratec into Google? T

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
            --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, "tony cole" <tony@c...>
            wrote:

            >Perhaps if you type: phono preamp usb terratec into Google?

            Tony, I struck gold with Google. Or maybe dross. :-)

            It turns out that the *current* version of the TerraTec Phono
            Pre-Amp has only Windoze drivers/pop-click reduction software.

            Maybe I'll drop them an email, to see if they plan to support Macs.

            Bob