Re: New Aimard / Graham CD of Ives' music

  • Bob Zeidler
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6 3:26 AM
      Scott, according to Amazon, it will be available there on May 11:

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001HZ6MO/

      I've already put in my order. :-)

      Bob

      --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Mortensen"
      <Scottkmort@h...> wrote:
      > Looks like the new Ives disc featuring Aimard and Graham is
      out next
      > week. Gramophone has picked it as one of their discs of the
      month.
      > Go to:
      >
      > http://www.gramophone.co.uk/gramofilereview.asp?

      reviewID=200212962&mediaID=210202&type=edschoice&edsd
      ate=

      > I'm definitely picking it up the day that it comes out.
      >
      > Anyone heard a preview copy?
      >
      > Scott
    • anthony cole
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8 4:25 AM
        I sit down - dazed - having just now heard Thoreau in this recording broadcast by BBC (& how encouraging that so many Brit listeners chose it for this morning's "listening booth" selection). It really is MARVELLOUS - the playing so attentive to detail and yet so fluent - not at all studied or mannered. I was reflecting on the many performances I've been privileged to hear over the last 35 years - live from Kirkpatrick, Blackwood, Deutsch, Behrend, Pappastavrou, Kalish, Yonty Solomon - and, of course, all the recordings. Even allowing for the special atmosphere at JK's performance in New York as part of the centennial conference-festival in '74, nothing in my memory is as absolutely RIGHT as what I have just heard. I shall be queuing up in Cambridge on Monday when the CD is released! Tony Cole
        Looks like the new Ives disc featuring Aimard and Graham is out next
        week. Gramophone has picked it as one of their discs of the month.
        Go to:

        http://www.gramophone.co.uk/gramofilereview.asp?
        reviewID=200212962&mediaID=210202&type=edschoice&edsdate=

        I'm definitely picking it up the day that it comes out.

        Anyone heard a preview copy?

        Scott

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor