RE: [charlesives] Adams 4th?

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2004
      I don't have a copy of the EM / Adams Ives Fourth. But I've heard that it's
      very good.

      Scott Mortensen

      >From: Frankie Camiola <chalkpie@...>
      >To: charlesives@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [charlesives] Adams 4th?
      >Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:17:27 -0400
      >
      >Anybody here (Scott?) own the Ives 4th CD performed by the Ensemble
      >Modern/John Adams? I still cannot find it available anywhere except the EM
      >site and they don't accept credit cards. I am really interested in hearing
      >this recording. There hasn't been any feedback whatsoever an any classical
      >lists and/or review sites. I'm back on an Ives kick recently after
      >listening to loads of Ravel, Debussy, and Satie in celebration for my
      >honeymoon that I just took in France. Ives sounds particularly good after
      >not hearing any for a while.
      >
      >Frankie
      >
      >np - Ives 3, Orch Set No. 2 - MTT/Concertgabouw

    • quartodeciman
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 19, 2004
        Frankie,

        Alban Berg's 3 Pieces for Orchestra, Op. 6, was a big favorite of
        mine in the past. I also like Edgard Varèse's Arcana.
        I think I shall listen to recordings of these works today and think
        envious thoughts of you in NYC. :)

        Quart
      • Frankie Camiola
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 22, 2004
          Frankie,

          Alban Berg's 3 Pieces for Orchestra, Op. 6, was a big favorite of
          mine in the past. I also like Edgard Varèse's Arcana.
          I think I shall listen to recordings of these works today and think
          envious thoughts of you in NYC. :)

          Quart

          I have never seen any Varese live before, so I am particularly looking forward to this piece. Should be a different ballgame live, eh?

          Frankie

        • quartodeciman
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
            --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, Frankie Camiola <chalkpie@o...>
            wrote:

            > I have never seen any Varese live before, so I am particularly
            looking forward to this piece. Should be a different ballgame live,
            eh?

            > Frankie

            It should be wild! :)

            Quart