Re: 32 recordings of The Concord Sonata

  • maverick
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 15, 2012
      I'm roberto ramadori and I would like to thank this yahoogroups for advice of my "Concord-Sonata" Cd. I would like to note that my Cd was recorded on 14 maj 1998 in Pandino Abbey (Italy) and then it was published by Symposion Label on 31th october 2002. tranks so much.

      --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, "tony cole" <tony@...> wrote:

      > ........and another early'ish one:
      >
      > 1961 - George Pappa-stavrou - (with Bonny Lichter, flute) - CRI - 150
      >
      > Tony

    • rbrt_ramadori
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 16
        Dear Patrick!

        I m the italian pianist roberto ramadori, and I would love to thank you so much for having  enclosed my Cd "Concord-Sonata" among best recordings of the Marvellous Ives music!!!

        Meanwhile, I would like to inform you that I had realized my recording's  session on 14th, May 1998 ( not in 1997, as in your insert advise) in Saint Martin Abbey, Pandino (Palazzo Pignano - Cremona, Italy).

        Then my master recording was published by Symposion  (1SCL0602),  an Italian recording,  in 31st, October 2002.

        Now my "Concord-Sonata" Cd is present at Amazon web-site, with two special American rewies.

        Best wishes!

        roberto ramadori
        roberto.ramadori@...
      • Tony
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 18
          Patrick - Well done with your list. There are some 10 or more other recordings, and - yes - I suspect the Concord is the most recorded of all substantial 20th century piano works. My additions are:
          1. George Pappastavrou on CRI
          2. Hadassah Sahr on Critics Choice
          3. Yvar Mikhasshof on Hear America First
          4. Roger Muraro 2001
          5. Philippe Keler 2002
          6. Ciro Longobardi 2004
          7. Jeremy Denk 2010
          8. Roseanne Nahass 2011
          9. Martin Perry 2013 (the Kirkpatrick "simplified"edition)
          10. A private recording by Timo Andrés - and there a of course many more like this

          You mention Masselos, but he never recorded Concord only the first sonata (twice in fact)

          Others in the group might like to add more to this list.... I have heard of one recorded by an Asian pianist but have not been able to get hold of it.....

          Tony

          Sent from my iPad
        • Ianist100
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 18