Re: [charlesives] Heads up!

  • Johnny Reinhard
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2012
      Thank you, Tony, for the exact wordage. Permit me to make it accurate for the sake of the credibility of the
      Aldeburgh Festival, which you are welcome to forward. Johnny

      Sunday 24 June 4pm

      Universe Symphony excerpt premiere

      Royal Academy of Music Symphony Orchestra

      Musicians from Britten–Pears Orchestra,

      Aldeburgh Young Musicians

      James Sinclair conductor

      Copland Fanfare for the Common Man

      Ives Universe Symphony (European premiere of Section A of the Porter realization)

      Never fully layed out [xxxcompleted] by Charles Ives, written for three orchestras [xxx a myriad of ensembles]

      surrounding a huge and unconventional orchestra

      and only subsequently performed as fantasies or

      fragments except for the Reinhard realization presents all of the material composed by Ives, the Universe Symphony has achieved

      almost mythical status. Leading Ives interpreter

      and scholar James Sinclair conducts the European

      premiere of the excerpt [xxxcomplete work] as Ives left it almost

      100 years ago as determined by the late David Porter working for the Ives Society, using every corner of Snape Maltings,

      its airy acoustics and unique idyllic natural surrounds

      as a single vast performance space.

      Now, clearly this does not not acknowledge your own terrific realization (which I'm listening to again as I write this) - Tony

      Thanks, Tony!

      Johnny Reinhard