Re: [charlesives] Anyone still out there???

  • Lynne Haley
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 28, 2011
      Thank you so much for this information, Tony! I will keep searching. Mom
      passed away a few years ago and I have no idea what happened to our copy of the
      recording -- it would mean a great deal to me to if I could find one. Thanks
      for your kind help. Blessings, Lynne :-)

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 6, 2011
        Well, having said little of Ives over here, today I've received the new Royal College of Music (London) Autumn Events calendar - lo and behold on Thursday November 24th at RCM's lovely Amaryllis Fleming Hall the RCM orchestra is doing 3 Places in NE (together with Cage and Ligeti) - booking and further info: www.rcm.ac.uk/boxoffice . I shall be there, so if anyone else able & willing, let me know. Tony
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 6, 2011
          nina deutsch

          youtube.com

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 9, 2011
            Hi Scott - great to hear from you again! It's been too long....

            Glad to see you digging CEI again. I have been meaning to do a huge Ives
            binge for a while now, but I can't seem to stop listening to Mahler now (for
            a few years). Mahler has gone from a composer I rejected for years to one of
            my absolute favs - but that is a different story for a different day.

            Anyway, it seems there has been a few substantial Ives recordings that have
            been released over the past few years - sadly I haven't heard any of these -
            does anybody own any of these?:

            1) Concord Symphony/Tilson Thomas/San Fran - I own the premiere recording
            with The RCO but am eager to hear this one also

            2) Sonata No. 1 and 2 Concord/ Jeremy Denk - piano

            3) Decoration Day; Fourth of July; Thanksgiving/ Sinclair/Malmo (Naxos) - I
            can't believe I still don't own this! Shame on me.....

            4) Keeping Score: Ives Holidays Symphony DVD/ Tilson Thomas - I watched this
            online and loved it....I would like to own the DVD. The Mahler series is
            also great....

            5) Symphony No. 3; Ragtime dances; Robert Browning/ Stern / Saarbrucken/
            Rundfunk (Col Legno)

            6) Complete Violin Sonatas/ Millard Taylor

            I can't think of any more - are there any I have missed?

            Another quick story - I was involved in a recording a few years back with
            Hilary Hahn playing the 4 Ives Violin Sonatas. Yes - I was IN THE STUDIO and
            I turned pages for the pianist. It was an unreal experience and I can only
            truly hope that these recordings see the light of day - they will become the
            new reference recordings of these four masterpieces. Hilary Hahn is an
            absolute sweetheart, as well as a musical perfectionist.

            Take care
            Frank

            >Hello everyone! This is Scott Mortensen. It's been a LONG time since I've
            >been around. A few years ago, my old Hotmail account was hacked, and I was
            >no longer able to access my account. Plus, I got busy with work, raising
            >kids, and LIFE. So I hadn't gotten around to checking in on this board --
            >or my Ives web site.

            >Lately, I've been digging into Ives' music AGAIN. So I thought I'd see if
            >there's anyone out there who's still subscribed to the board.

            >So, anyone out there? I hope so.

            >Best,
            Scott
          • Russ Jenkins
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 13, 2011
              Yes Scott.  Like you, I have been away for some time.  Good to see you and others still here.

              Russ

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 2, 2012
                I was just going though my old Yahoo e-mail account and found your e-mail.  I'm still around there and still interested in Ives.

                By the way, the new edition of Ives' Fourth Symphony is about to come out with information on Amazon.

                Dan Plante

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 3, 2012
                  will participate in the firkusny celebration at the janaczek academy.
                  best wishes,
                  nina