Re: [charlesives] Anyone still out there???

  • Tony Cole
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 28, 2011
      Very sorry to say, Lynne, that I did have this..........unfortunately it was one of a number of old LPs that I passed on to other Ives aficionados (in New Zealand of all places). I'm not sure if your message implied that you did not have a copy yourself - ? I know that ItsRecords ( www.itsrecords.com ) used to have one for sale.........Tony.
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 28, 2011
        Thank you so much for this information, Tony! I will keep searching. Mom
        passed away a few years ago and I have no idea what happened to our copy of the
        recording -- it would mean a great deal to me to if I could find one. Thanks
        for your kind help. Blessings, Lynne :-)

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 6 12:59 AM
          Well, having said little of Ives over here, today I've received the new Royal College of Music (London) Autumn Events calendar - lo and behold on Thursday November 24th at RCM's lovely Amaryllis Fleming Hall the RCM orchestra is doing 3 Places in NE (together with Cage and Ligeti) - booking and further info: www.rcm.ac.uk/boxoffice . I shall be there, so if anyone else able & willing, let me know. Tony
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 6 2:26 AM
            nina deutsch

            youtube.com

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 9 7:49 AM
              Hi Scott - great to hear from you again! It's been too long....

              Glad to see you digging CEI again. I have been meaning to do a huge Ives
              binge for a while now, but I can't seem to stop listening to Mahler now (for
              a few years). Mahler has gone from a composer I rejected for years to one of
              my absolute favs - but that is a different story for a different day.

              Anyway, it seems there has been a few substantial Ives recordings that have
              been released over the past few years - sadly I haven't heard any of these -
              does anybody own any of these?:

              1) Concord Symphony/Tilson Thomas/San Fran - I own the premiere recording
              with The RCO but am eager to hear this one also

              2) Sonata No. 1 and 2 Concord/ Jeremy Denk - piano

              3) Decoration Day; Fourth of July; Thanksgiving/ Sinclair/Malmo (Naxos) - I
              can't believe I still don't own this! Shame on me.....

              4) Keeping Score: Ives Holidays Symphony DVD/ Tilson Thomas - I watched this
              online and loved it....I would like to own the DVD. The Mahler series is
              also great....

              5) Symphony No. 3; Ragtime dances; Robert Browning/ Stern / Saarbrucken/
              Rundfunk (Col Legno)

              6) Complete Violin Sonatas/ Millard Taylor

              I can't think of any more - are there any I have missed?

              Another quick story - I was involved in a recording a few years back with
              Hilary Hahn playing the 4 Ives Violin Sonatas. Yes - I was IN THE STUDIO and
              I turned pages for the pianist. It was an unreal experience and I can only
              truly hope that these recordings see the light of day - they will become the
              new reference recordings of these four masterpieces. Hilary Hahn is an
              absolute sweetheart, as well as a musical perfectionist.

              Take care
              Frank

              >Hello everyone! This is Scott Mortensen. It's been a LONG time since I've
              >been around. A few years ago, my old Hotmail account was hacked, and I was
              >no longer able to access my account. Plus, I got busy with work, raising
              >kids, and LIFE. So I hadn't gotten around to checking in on this board --
              >or my Ives web site.

              >Lately, I've been digging into Ives' music AGAIN. So I thought I'd see if
              >there's anyone out there who's still subscribed to the board.

              >So, anyone out there? I hope so.

              >Best,
              Scott
            • Russ Jenkins
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 13 3:24 PM
                Yes Scott.  Like you, I have been away for some time.  Good to see you and others still here.

                Russ

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 2, 2012
                  I was just going though my old Yahoo e-mail account and found your e-mail.  I'm still around there and still interested in Ives.

                  By the way, the new edition of Ives' Fourth Symphony is about to come out with information on Amazon.

                  Dan Plante

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 3, 2012
                    will participate in the firkusny celebration at the janaczek academy.
                    best wishes,
                    nina