Aimard plays Concord (excerpt) on PBS

  • drone_bros
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2009
      Last night, my local public TV station aired a 1-hr documentary entitled 'Note By Note: The Making of Steinway L1037.' Part of it involves Pierre-Laurent Aimard showing up to the Steinway factory looking for a piano that can meet the needs of the music he'll soon perform at Carnegie Hall. He's looking for a 'monster.' You then learn that the demanding music to which Aimard is referring is the Concord Sonata because they proceed to show him testing-out a few pianos, then finally performing Concord at Carnegie Hall. The documentary didn't go too deep into piano construction but that little side story made it well worth watching.

      Jason