Query: Ives on video

  • malkieshort
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2009
      I was wondering if anyone knows of video footage featuring performances of Ives' works. So far I've found just one item with video footage*, a performance of "Putnam's Camp" by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra conducted by one of the CocoRosie girls, from a webcast. The BBC performed two of the symphonies at the Proms on 2007 but I'm not sure whether they were broadcast on TV or only Radio 3. Are there any commercially available DVDs?
      Thanks in advice for any other information.

      * http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4178581/20080429_-_KCO___Cocorosie_Live_Concertgebouw_-_Amsterdam_-_Nafo
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2009
        > I was wondering if anyone knows of video footage featuring performances of
        > Ives' works. So far I've found just one item with video footage*, a
        > performance of "Putnam's Camp" by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
        > conducted by one of the CocoRosie girls, from a webcast. The BBC performed
        > two of the symphonies at the Proms on 2007 but I'm not sure whether they
        > were broadcast on TV or only Radio 3. Are there any commercially available
        > DVDs?
        > Thanks in advice for any other information.
        >
        > *
        > http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4178581/20080429_-_KCO___Cocorosie_Live_Concertgebouw_-_Amsterdam_-_Nafo

        Good question.

        We need a superb performance of the 4th on DVD someday
      • Tony Cole

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2009
            Hi Tony.
            Many thanks indeed for the reply. I'm looking through the You Tube posts now. I was thinking more of DVD quality performances when I posted the earlier message but there's certainly more items of interest on YT than I'd have expected so thanks for the tip.
            I've also ordered the Bernstein DVD of Ives' 2nd Symphony from Amazon and will try not to get overly impatient while I await its delivery!
            There's a DVD of Keith Kirchoff performing with the Ives Festival Orchestra that I've ordered too, at keithkirchoff.com, so there's another thing I look forward to arriving on my doormat.
            Thanks again,
            Malcolm