heads up!

  • Tony Cole
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2009
      & apologies if this is old news for any of you.........& I'm so excited that I'm sending this before having looked at & heard a DVD which dropped on to my doormat today - Lenny conducting Bavarian RSO in Symphony No. 2 in 1987 (plus TUQ with NPO) and also some Gershwin.........and also: 15 min. interview of LB on S.No.2. Details: DGG recordings issued by Unitel Classica - DVD number 00440 073 4513. Can't see how I'm going to be disappointed with this (as I was never able to see Lenny conduct Ives live - just a fabulous performance of Mahler 7 with LSO at the Royal Festival Hall, London in the '70s); but will report when I have seen it. Tony

    • Tony Cole
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2013
        for the Wigmore Hall, London - the following two recitals are on in June:-

        7th June - Carolyn Widmann, violin - in the 4th Sonata

        AND!

        27th June - Marc-Andre Hamelin performing the "Concord"

        Most annoyingly, I shall be cruising in the south of France last week of June............... Tony

      • roberto ramadori
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2013
          Dear Tony,

          how are you? I'm roberto.
          I hope you remember my Concord performing in Cd ...

          thank you very much for writing this special Ives' advice in Wigmore Hall!!!!

          next year is 140° of Ives' birth and I hope to perform in Stresa (I) and in Bern (CH) my "Concord-Sonata" and Studies nn.5-9

          now I'm working a litttle for my performances...but I'm not still sure...I will advice you about them...

          I wish you a good new year!
          best wishes
          roberto