Re: NPR - Ives 4th of July

  • joebarron1957
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2008
      This piece on NPR made me laugh in one respect. It always bothers me
      when someone reading Ives's words tries to make him come off like a
      crusty old coot. (An old PBS special suffered from the same defect.)
      Richard Greenberg sounded like he was yelling at the kids in the
      neighborhood to get off his lawn, and Ives didn't sound like that at
      all. He was a soft-spoken New Englander with a light tenor voice.
      Listen to his voice on the recording of "They Are There" and you'll see
      what I mean.