NPR - Ives 4th of July

  • Paul Lombardi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2008
      There was a nice segment on NPR today about Ives. I think you catch it at http://www.npr.org/audiohelp/progstream.html

      Paul

    • joebarron1957
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2008
        This piece on NPR made me laugh in one respect. It always bothers me
        when someone reading Ives's words tries to make him come off like a
        crusty old coot. (An old PBS special suffered from the same defect.)
        Richard Greenberg sounded like he was yelling at the kids in the
        neighborhood to get off his lawn, and Ives didn't sound like that at
        all. He was a soft-spoken New Englander with a light tenor voice.
        Listen to his voice on the recording of "They Are There" and you'll see
        what I mean.