RE: [charlesives] RIP - Wilfrid Mellers

    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2008
      Anne,

      Thanks for sharing that obit. I had no idea about the details of Mellers' life. But his enjoyment of music comes through clearly in his writing. I'll have to check out some more of his books. The ones about Bach & Beethoven look especially enticing.Scott

      To: charlesives@yahoogroups.comFrom: anne.ozorio@...: Fri, 23 May 2008 23:54:27 +0100Subject: Re: [charlesives] RIP - Wilfrid Mellers

      On 23 May 2008 at 17:18, Scott Mortensen wrote:> Here's a link to Mellers' NY Times obit:> http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/23/arts/music/23mellers.html?> _r=1&ref=music&oref=slogin> Here's another which tells something about Meller's personality and goes a way to explaining why he was so open minded and unorthodox.: Coincidentally I've been re reading his book on Ralph Vaughan Williams in connection with the RVW anniversary this year.http://music.guardian.co.uk/obituaries/story/0,,2280886,00.htmlAnne anne.ozorio@...