Re: Orchestral work with "Battle of the Bands"?

  • dvb2dob
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2007
      Thank you all, very much, for your thoughtful replies.

      The George Ives story provides fascinating background, and I will
      look forward to listening to both Putnam's Camp and Decoration Day.

      I'm not an Ives scholar, so I can't expand my question very much.
      However, I do look forward to developing my knowledge and
      appreciating of this very interesting composer.

      Cheers,

      dvb

      --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, "anthony cole" <tony@...> wrote:

      > To me the quintessential Ives piece depicting the two bands etc is
      > Decoration Day" ..........by the way, this was apparently
      Stravinsky's
      > favourite among the Ives works he had heard - he compared it to
      TUQ, stating
      > that the latter was somewhat moronic...........I must say that I
      agree with
      > little IS about this............Tony

      Bands"?