Re: new Naxos Ives (U.S. Marine Band)

  • Patrick Petit
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2007
      Hello Frank

      I think it's a reissue of the 2003 recording "Charles Ives's america
      "the president's own" united states marine band
      <http://www.amazon.com/Charles-Ivess-America-Presidents-United/dp/B000KECUSG>.
      The track listing is the same. It's a very good and complete recording
      of band music of CEI, but i dont know why, "From steeples and
      mountains" is missing .

      Patrick

      --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Camiola" <fcamiola@...> wrote:

      > Looks like this just came out and you can hear snippets at iTunes
      and Naxos Sounds interesting. Anybody have it yet?

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
        > Hello Frank
        >
        > I think it's a reissue of the 2003 recording "Charles Ives's america
        > "the president's own" united states marine band
        > <http://www.amazon.com/Charles-Ivess-America-Presidents-United/dp/B000KECUSG>.
        > The track listing is the same. It's a very good and complete recording
        > of band music of CEI, but i dont know why, "From steeples and
        > mountains" is missing .
        >
        > Patrick

        Thanks Patrick. I'm gonna pick it up.

      • Russ Jenkins
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
          Where's the best place to purchase the CD and at what price? The marches are exactly what I've wanted. Thanks for the info.

          Russ

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2007