Webern

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      I have had two Webern discs collecting dust on my shelf for some years now, but I have just recently dusted them off and discovered two gems. I have become fascinated by 5 Movements for Orchestra, Op. 5 and 6 Pieces for Orchestra, Op. 6, amongst others. The sparseness, orchestration, subtlety, and use of colors is beautiful and unique. When I have soaked up these discs (Boulez II, Emerson SQ), I may have to investigate more. I have even tossed around the idea of getting the complete Webern/Boulez DG, but I honestly don't know if I can handle the vocal pieces, as vocal pieces do give me quite a challenge.

      Does anybody here like Webern and have any favorites/further insight?

      Frankie