Re: [charlesives] Another Two Questions for Johnny re: Universe

  • Afmmjr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2005
      Thank you, Frank. I think Ligeti's "Atmospheres" would be good preparation
      for the Universe in that each violin is a different part. I've had the
      pleasure of speaking with Mr. Ligeti by telephone while in Hamburg and find him
      charming. He told me he wants to increase his use of microtones so that I would be
      proud of him!

      Back to Ives, doesn't there seem to be a disconnect between what we see of
      him, and the way he is being portrayed?

      Johnny