By George?

  • mhberest
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      Has anyone ever recorded music composed by George Ives?
    • Patrick Petit
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
        --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, "mhberest" <mhberest@m...> wrote:
        > Has anyone ever recorded music composed by George Ives?

        Which work are composed by George Ives ?

        Patrick
      • David O'Dette
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
          > From: mhberest
          >
          > Has anyone ever recorded music composed by George Ives?

          Pianist Donald Berman plays George Ives's Fourth Fugue (1891) on his
          recent CD "The Unknown Ives, Volume 2" (New World Records 80618-2).
          It's recognizable right away from its appearance in the first movement
          of Charles's Fourth Violin Sonata. I've never seen a list of works for
          George nor do I know how much of what he wrote survives--for instance,
          what about the presumable three previous fugues?
          .