Re: [charlesives] In re Universe article by Johnny Reinhard

  • Afmmjr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      It is with great pleasure that I announce that the new CD of my realization
      of the Charles Ives "Universe Symphony" has been manufactured with 32 pages of
      liner notes in color. I believe one listen will make more of a difference
      than anything that can be said on the list.

      My wish had been to supply a book with a finished score to go out with the CD
      but they remain unpublished.

      To David, I could only hope that you open your mind up to different
      possibilities that those you saw in the last century (which admittedly, isn't that long
      ago). There is plenty of new information. Simply send me your address
      off-list.

      This long march to release (on July 4th) is almost over. I would love to see
      reviews -- of all kinds -- here on the list. For discovering reasons "why"
      something was done, the unpublished book is recommended. The production and
      performance of this enchanted material will be a real rush.

      best, Johnny Reinhard

    • Gene Halaburt
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
        At 08:30 AM 7/1/2005, you wrote:

        >It is with great pleasure that I announce that the new CD of my realization
        >of the Charles Ives "Universe Symphony" has been manufactured with 32
        >pages of
        >liner notes in color. I believe one listen will make more of a difference
        >than anything that can be said on the list.

        Does not appear at:

        http://www.stereosociety.com/albums.html

        How does one order it?

      • Afmmjr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
          In a message dated 7/1/2005 11:41:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, ghal@...
          writes:
          Does not appear at:

          http://www.stereosociety.com/albums.html

          How does one order it?
          The release date is July 4th, a national holiday. I had nothing to do with
          the marketing timelines. ;)

          I am sure that by Monday, or Tuesday at the latest, it will be possible to
          purchase a CD from The Stereo Society website. In the meantime, please enjoy
          the material on the site if you haven't visited already.

          And, may I let everyone know that my summer plans changed and I am to remain
          in Manhattan, if there is any interest for a more extended communication. I
          do have advance copies of the CDs.

          all best, Johnny Reinhard

        • Patrick Petit
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
            --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, Afmmjr@a... wrote:
            > It is with great pleasure that I announce that the new CD of my
            realization
            > of the Charles Ives "Universe Symphony" has been manufactured with
            32 pages of
            > liner notes in color. I believe one listen will make more of a
            difference
            > than anything that can be said on the list.
            >
            > My wish had been to supply a book with a finished score to go out
            with the CD
            > but they remain unpublished.
            >
            > To David, I could only hope that you open your mind up to different
            > possibilities that those you saw in the last century (which
            admittedly, isn't that long
            > ago). There is plenty of new information. Simply send me your address
            > off-list.
            >
            > This long march to release (on July 4th) is almost over. I would
            love to see
            > reviews -- of all kinds -- here on the list. For discovering
            reasons "why"
            > something was done, the unpublished book is recommended. The
            production and
            > performance of this enchanted material will be a real rush.
            >
            > best, Johnny Reinhard

            Do you know if this record will be available for Europe and especially
            in France ?

            Patrick
          • Afmmjr@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
              In a message dated 7/1/2005 3:02:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              patrpetit@... writes:
              Do you know if this record will be available for Europe and especially
              in France ?

              Patrick

              The CD will be available internationally through the www.stereosociety.com
              web site after July 4, 2005.

              Johnny Reinhard :)

            • davidgrayporter
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, Afmmjr@a... wrote:
                > It is with great pleasure that I announce that the new CD of my
                realization
                > of the Charles Ives "Universe Symphony" has been manufactured with
                32 pages of
                > liner notes in color. I believe one listen will make more of a
                difference
                > than anything that can be said on the list.
                >
                > My wish had been to supply a book with a finished score to go out
                with the CD
                > but they remain unpublished.
                >
                > To David, I could only hope that you open your mind up to
                different
                > possibilities that those you saw in the last century (which
                admittedly, isn't that long
                > ago). There is plenty of new information. Simply send me your
                address
                > off-list.

                I'm trying to figure out how to do that. All I get is the partial
                address you give here. Try me at <portniek@...>.

                Just please remember that yesterday I had this (I thought) great
                rebuttal going until I hit the wrong key and lost an hour's worth of
                fresh work, and looking for something to post gave me a splitting
                headache until I decided to justr post part of that old 1995
                article. I still stand by what I say about editing the pages, and I
                found my 1998 transcript last night (and my full performance score)

                If there is as you say plenty of new information it has not come to
                my attention. (You'd think it would have.)

                > This long march to release (on July 4th) is almost over. I would
                love to see
                > reviews -- of all kinds -- here on the list. For discovering
                reasons "why"
                > something was done, the unpublished book is recommended. The
                production and
                > performance of this enchanted material will be a real rush.
                >
                > best, Johnny Reinhard

              • davidgrayporter
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                  I wish there was a way to post a MIDI file here...