Concord Sonata by Jay Gottlieb

  • patrpetit
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2005
      Someone knows the recording of Concord Sonata by American pianist Jay
      Gottlieb (Pianovox PIA 503-02)?
      To my opinion it's a great interpretation ,freely played.The pianist
      has performed it many times in concert before to record it.I dont know
      if this CD was available in U.S, but if anybody has listen it,i will
      be very curious to know his thoughts about it.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2005
        Patrick,

        Is this recording readily available in France? It doesn't seem to be here
        in the USA or in the UK (based on a quick search of a few online retailers).

        >From: "patrpetit" <patrpetit@...>
        >To: charlesives@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [charlesives] Concord Sonata by Jay Gottlieb
        >Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:10:16 -0000
        >
        >Someone knows the recording of Concord Sonata by American pianist Jay
        >Gottlieb (Pianovox PIA 503-02)?
        >To my opinion it's a great interpretation ,freely played.The pianist
        >has performed it many times in concert before to record it.I dont know
        >if this CD was available in U.S, but if anybody has listen it,i will
        >be very curious to know his thoughts about it.
        >Patrick

      • patrpetit
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2005
          Hello Scott
          Yes you can find two results about this recording in a french site (
          the first issue,and the second edition with others piano works) on
          http://www.priceminister.com in searching Ives + Gottlieb on category
          musique.
          Patrick

          --- In charlesives@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Mortensen"