2382Setting the Record Straight - Champ Trackers Group

  • Robert Bartholomew
    Jul 17, 2014

      Dear Fellow Champ Trackers,

      Time for a brief word from your List Moderator.

      I would like to thank Loren Coleman for his wise and measured words.  I do not have the time or desire to censor this list, and I will not.  Let me make 2 observations:

      1. In recent weeks I am pleased that there has been a flurry of exchanges - most related to finding Champ.  This is fantastic and encouraging.

      2.  In a recent post it was stated that I dislike Dennis Hall.  The exact quote was ("Bob is not too fond of Dennis Hall as can be seen in the book").  I would discourage such statements but will not police them.  This is your list.  It is what it is, and will become what it will become.  I write in my book that I consider both Dennis Hall and Liz von Muggenthalar to be good people.  "They are perhaps best seen as honest, well-intentioned people... who are over enthusiastic..."  As Moderator, I feel a responsibility to steer clear of any negative comments about anyone, otherwise it becomes My List.  I want Dennis Hall and anyone else to feel free to use this list to engage in Champ discussion and debate, without worrying about my judging them or removing them from the list.  In reality - it is YOUR List.  It exists for the open discussion and debate about the possible existence of Champ.  I hope this list flourishes and I hope someone can prove the existence of Champ.  All are welcome on this list.  It is filled with great people.  I wish you all good luck in proving the existence of Champ - whether I agree with your theories and methods or not.

      Sincerely yours,

      Bob

      Robert E. Bartholomew
      Department of History and Social Sciences
      Botany College
      575 Chapel Road
      Howick 2016
      South Auckland, New Zealand

      On Friday, July 18, 2014 1:58 AM, "Loren Coleman lcoleman@... [champ-trackers]" <champ-trackers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Perhaps both sides should call a truce and cease the critiquing of each others' individual, self-designed events/research/efforts to find the Lake Champlain Monsters?

      Aren't we all on the same side here?  Let us live and let live.

      Frankly, after almost 55 years in the field and at my age, take my word for it: Life is too short to bind your feelings up in hating and complaining.

      I expect the best from myself, and look to all of you to respectfully represent cryptozoology in a like matter.

      All my best to everyone for the Summer search,
      Loren

      Loren Coleman, Director
      International Cryptozoology Museum
      11 Avon Street
      Portland, ME 04101
      A 501(c) Tax Exempt Educational, Scientific, and
      Historical Museum, founded as a State-of-Maine
      Non-Profit Corporation. EIN: 45-3598429
      IRS Public Charity Status: 170(b)(1)(A)(vi)

      Date: 17 Jul 2014 06:44:09 -0700
      To: Champ List <champ-trackers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [champ-trackers] Re: Champ sighting

      I honestly dont see how this Champ Camp is a real expedition when its a 2 day event, all it consists of is story telling and how can you do extensive research if you only go for that short amount of time and go only once a year? It is the people who go out on that lake all the time through blood, sweat and tears who are doing the real research and actually have eyewitness encounters, documented accounts by eyewitnesses and evidence of their own to back it up..those are  the real researchers.

    • Show all 46 messages in this topic