Chams On The Radio, Every Hour You Say!

  • Bud Freeman
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2005
      hey all,

      well yeah, sort of....

      Out of necessity, I had to setup a shoutcast server in
      order to play my media library in another part of my
      house.

      It's turned into a blessing in many ways, notably:

      1. As long as I have internet access, I can listen to
      my music, my way, wherever I may be.

      2. This is just a precursor of things to come where,
      someday, we'll have wireless internet access in our
      cars, on our personal media players, etc., and we will
      be able to listen to what we want, when we want.

      Anyway, you're welcome to tune in:

      mrclisdue.myvnc.com:8000

      That's all you'll have to input under file>open url in
      winamp.
      If you don't have winamp (winamp.com -it's free), then
      you must have windows media player version 9, and
      you'll have to put an http:// in front of the address.

      Other media players probably support it (I know VLC
      does)

      Because my media library is heavily weighted towards
      the chameleons et al, you're pretty well guaranteed to
      hear something chams-related at least every hour, if
      not more.

      Any comments to me (privately) regarding quality
      (*not* content) of the stream would be
      most-appreciated.

      love and light,

      i realize a
      mrlcisdue

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • François
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2005
        Hi all,

        As I know that there are some fans of Interpol & Kitchen of Distinction
        on the list,
        I would suggest you to try The Arcade Fire.
        This is a young canadian band that I discovered a few days ago.
        Very promising and surprising because it has somewhere a Talking Heads
        influence !
        Have a good week.

        http://www.mergerecords.com/audio/arcade/Laika.mp3
        http://www.mergerecords.com/audio/arcade/RebellionLies.mp3
        A radio session here (with a... Talking Heads cover, should be "This
        must be the place") :
        http://www.justconcerts.com/concerts/concert.cfm?Concert_Id=330&Concert_IsLive=False

        François
      • Neuronaut
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2005
          --- Fran�ois <francois.joubaud2@...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > As I know that there are some fans of Interpol &
          > Kitchen of Distinction
          > on the list,
          > I would suggest you to try The Arcade Fire.
          > This is a young canadian band that I discovered a
          > few days ago.
          > Very promising and surprising because it has
          > somewhere a Talking Heads
          > influence !

          I second the Arcade Fire recommendation; definitely
          more original sounds being offered than by most other
          'new'-ish bands nowadays...

          Adam

          __________________________________
          Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
        • Greg
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2005
            Neuronaut wrote:

            > I second the Arcade Fire recommendation; definitely
            >more original sounds being offered than by most other
            >'new'-ish bands nowadays...
            >
            >Adam

            I think The Killers have an original sound, albeit borrowed from the
            80's. But that's probably why I like them so much...that New Wave
            influence. Hell, I can actually hear a synthesizer in there...

            Apparently the record companies have pulled their heads out of their
            asses and realized that most people are sick of that 4th generation
            grunge crap that's been on the radio since 1993...

            Greg