Radio show

  • Jeff and Debbie Duris
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2010
      Hello to all,

      I've been given a great opportunity to do something that I've always wanted
      to do.

      I'm hosting a radio show at a college radio station, WMSE 91.7fm, in
      Milwaukee, WI.

      Of course, a rookie isn't going to get a prime spot.I'm on from 00:00 to
      03:00 CST on Sundays (Sat. Night) every other week.

      This will be my 5th show.

      My format is alternative, old and new. I've been sticking with the older
      stuff because it's easier to work with while I'm learning how to use the
      equipment!

      I can play whatever I want, as long as it's "clean".

      This week, I'm going to feature an hour from one of my favorite bands, The
      Chameleons.

      I'm looking forward to the show, if you want to check it out, it's live on
      the web at : wmse.org

      The show, as all of their shows are archived to stream or download at any
      time.

      Hope some of you will get a chance to check it out.

      Cheers,

      Jeff

    • Jeff and Debbie Duris
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2010
        Hi Jez,

        I'm not active on facebook, and don't plan to be in the near future.
        I've kept my high school age kid off of there; I'm trying to set an example.

        I haven't posted on this e-mail group for a few years!
        I still enjoy reading the occasional posts about the band, Mark's solo
        stuff, and other similar bands.
        I still love that it was on this site that I first heard of Interpol;
        another one of my favorites!

        I just thought that some fans would appreciate hearing about the show;
        trying to keep their music "out there"!

        I even had a few callers commenting that they didn't' realize how many great
        songs The
        Chams had!
        It was a lot of fun and I'd like to do a Chameleons feature again at some
        point.

        I do make a point to play at least one song of theirs on every show!

        Take care,
        Jeff