Newbie needs help

  • jenibrian687300
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      Hello Everyone!

      I am new to the group. I will be receiving three unrelated Sunburst
      Veiled Chameleons tomorrow and need to know a little bit of
      information about cage size. I think I've pretty much got a handle
      of husbandry otherwise, but am open to all suggestions.

      Okay, again, cage size. What is an appropriate size cage for these
      youngsters? I would like to purchase cages that will be adequate for
      them when they are adults. I just ordered a reptarium-65 gal, to
      hold me over until I can get adequate housing for each.

      Here's another question. The breeder currently has all three housed
      together in a 50 gallon set up. From everything I've read,
      Chameleons must be kept seperately. Is that correct? I will have
      one male and two females all approximately 4" long.

      Just so you know, I do have other reptiles, so I do have some
      understanding of reptiles.

      Thanks for any and all help!

      Jeni
    • erastodle
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2002
        your cages seem fine but i wouldent house them together but if hes
        been doing it give it a try but keep an eye on them
      • Jeni Graybeal
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2002

          Thanks for the info.  I did house the two females together but, that didn't work.  They started figting within days.  Fortunately, my new reptarium arrived the same day and I was able to separate them.  So now all three chams are in their own enclosure.

          I've been feeding them pinheads and waxies.  I've tried putting veggies in there, but they show absolutely no interest in them.  I figure since their main plant in their enclosure is hibiscus, they should be okay without the veggies until I can convince them to eat them.

          I've been spraying the chams three times a day.  They have reptisun 5.0 uvb bulbs and a 75 watt spot light.  Anything else I should be doing for them?

          Jeni

            erastodle <erastodle@...> wrote:

          your cages seem fine but i wouldent house them together but if hes
          been doing it give it a try but keep an eye on them

          Jeni (The slave), Meiko (CAG), Stubbles, Catnip (Beardies), and three unnamed chameleons

          He sees the sparrow fall...

          Do You Yahoo!?