Re: [CG] Kid dead in Amsterdam.

  • Serge Issakov
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2009
      In their paradigm motorists are responsible for never hitting
      bicyclists, no matter what bicyclists are doing. That's why they
      focus on developing blind spot mirror systems for truckers rather than
      on teaching bicyclists to avoid passing on the right.

      Serge

      On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 10:06 AM, poteit0r <poteit0r@...> wrote:

      > I am at a loss here... the blog's author blames the accident on the truck's blind spot. Am I missing something here or is the guy just braindead?
      >
      > http://amsterdamize.com/2009/06/23/cause-and-effect/
      >
      > Don't miss either this other post, in which he reports on his talk with a spanish girl in Amsterdam...
      >

      > > Maria continued to talk about how she loves riding
      > > (and this bike in particular), but how she hates
      > > riding around Dam Square finding her way to her other work,
      > > because of what she considers bad bike lanes
      > > (not completely segregated) (...)
      > >

      > Txarli
      > http://bicilibre.wordpress.com

    • kalle.mustonen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2009
        --- In chainguard@yahoogroups.com, "poteit0r" <poteit0r@...> wrote:

        > I am at a loss here... the blog's author blames the accident on the truck's blind spot.

        As far as i understood, the truck turned left across the tram tracks and traffic lane into a stationary cyclist on the bikelane. It was a T-intersection with no leg to turn into where the truck turned into. That is just the accident type that much paint and some traffic calming will decrease.

        > Am I missing something here or is the guy just braindead?

        Cycling issue is an idiot magnet. "We put some paint here and then many cyclist will come and be safe cause it'll be safe when there is many cyclists." Anyone with half a brain will not touch that mess with a ten foot pole. Damn, I wish I hated cycling; it will be so fun to see the whole BS and just laught at it.

        > http://amsterdamize.com/2009/06/23/cause-and-effect/

        If you don't like the effect, stop producing the cause.

        I posted a comment, tried to speak their language.

        Kalle