computational arrays and compilation

  • rvdboomgaard
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2006
      Dear All,

      i'm jst starting to see whether i can use CH for both teaching
      (university courses in computer vision) and for making demo's of my
      (research) work.

      The reason to use something like CH is the `computational array' as
      first class member of the language (i come from a matlab background).

      Is it possible to compile ch programs using computational arrays
      written for the interpreter to speed up the code? I have two
      applications in mind: 1/ building stand-alone demo's and 2/ building
      stand-alone libraries (.so .dll) to be used by others.

      I guess for applications using graphics i have to buy the graphics
      lib. But it is unclear to me whether there is a way to compile code
      using the computational arrays.

      Kind regards
      Rein van den Boomgaard
    • groupsupport@softintegration.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2006
        > Dear All,
        >
        > i'm jst starting to see whether i can use CH for both teaching
        > (university courses in computer vision) and for making demo's of my
        > (research) work.
        >
        > The reason to use something like CH is the `computational array' as
        > first class member of the language (i come from a matlab background).
        >
        > Is it possible to compile ch programs using computational arrays
        > written for the interpreter to speed up the code? I have two
        > applications in mind: 1/ building stand-alone demo's and 2/ building
        > stand-alone libraries (.so .dll) to be used by others.
        >
        > I guess for applications using graphics i have to buy the graphics
        > lib.

        that is right.

        >But it is unclear to me whether there is a way to compile code
        > using the computational arrays.

        The code using computational arrays cannot be compiled in
        C/C++ compiler. It needs a front preprocessor to convert code using
        computational arrays to C/C++ code. There is no such front preprocessor
        at present.

        If you have C/C++ code, you can compile them into binary and interface
        with Ch.

        Best regards,

        Tech support