CGI problem.

  • Vladimir Campos
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20 9:23 PM
      Hi Everybody,

      I would appreciate some help from you on 2 cgi I'm trying to put in
      my website. I work with HTML for more then 3 years and I know it very
      well, but this is my first experience with cgi. I've followed all the
      help file instructions and my cgi didn't work.

      The first one is the "track.pl" to track the links people are
      clicking in my website. The other cgi is the "rand_image.pl" that
      places a different image at the website every time people enter the
      Page. NOTE-01: I've download the 2 cgi files from
      http://worldwidemart.com/scripts/ NOTE-02: I'm using Front Page 97 to
      create and upload the website, but for the cgi files I've used WS_FTP
      LE.

      I've created 2 HTML pages to test the cgi: http://www.palmbr.com/cgi-
      track.html and http://www.palmbr.com/cgi-image.html .I also changed
      the files permissions with the WS_FTP LE to 777 and 755 as told in
      the HELP file.

      ### THE PROBLEMS ###
      (01) The "rand_image.pl" cgi only shows a broken link in the place
      the image should be. (02) The "track.pl" doesn't open the pages
      related to the links I've created.

      I've double check all the help file instruction and couldn't find any
      problem. And since nothing is working I am getting crazy with my
      first experience with cgi. Please, somebody help me!!!

      Thank's
      Vladimir.