need some help on how secure forms are (easily) done

  • Richard Wilkerson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2002
      Hi,

      I would like to move some of my forms to an inexpensive secure
      server. I don't need a pre-made store, I'd like to use the forms I
      have.

      How does this usually work?

      Just like many use a basic form program like form.cgi there must be a
      program that is popular that people use in secure areas for their
      form results.

      When people set up their own secure forms in a secure area, and
      want the results of the forms to be secure, I assume they simply send
      them to a program that stores them in the secure area, and at the
      same time its sends and email to xxx@... saying they have a form
      result.

      So, what are the most popular of these programs? Do most server
      hosts that offer secure areas for forms offer standard what-ja-ma-jig
      databased holding programs for any form that is created?

      What are these programs called? (again, I just want to do the forms
      in html if possible. Willing to script some perl if needed, but I
      assume the basic stuff is pretty much set up or standard? )

      Thanks for any help or clarification,

      Richard